To obtain an award you have to make / log QSOs (on-air contacts) with / between the YOTA special event stations listed on this page.
- Awards can be requested by licensed amateur radio operators and shortwave listeners (SWL).
- SWL's must submit 2-way communication details. Details of communication required: callsign, worked station, date and time (UTC), band and mode. This requirement also applies to enquiries towards organizers regarding your missing QSOs from the database.
- Awards are free, they will be electronically distributed.
- Awards can be achieved by fulfilling the requirements of award levels.
- Scores are calculated based on your QSOs with YOTA special event stations, following these rules.
- Only QSOs made between 1 December 2022 00:00 UTC and 31 December 2022 23:59 UTC can be used to apply for the awards.
- All bands and all modes are valid.
- Equation for calculation of your scores is simple: 'Number of points' = ('Worked stations' * 2) + 'Worked bandslots'. This also means, you get 3 points (+1 'station' * 2 + 1 'bandslot') for the first QSO with a station, and 1 point for every other bandslot with this specific station.
- Bandslots are combination of all amateur radio bands and CW, PHone and DIGI modes. Contacts made using the Morse Code count as CW, any mode using transmission of speech (LSB, USB, FM, AM etc) counts as PHone, and all other modes combined count as DIGI.
- You work / hear OH2YOTA on 80CW (first contact = 2 points, new bandslot = 1 point)
- You work / hear OH2YOTA again, this time on 80SSB (2nd contact = 0 points, new bandslot = 1 point)
- You work / hear PA6YOTA on 40M in PSK32 (DIGI) (first contact = 2 points, new bandslot = 1 point)
- You work / hear PA6YOTA again on 40M, this time in FT8 (DIGI) (second contact = 0 points, duplicate bandslot = 0 points)
- TOTAL: 7 points
Moreover, we are offering 7 different wooden plaques after the DYM activity in the following categories:
- Most stations contacted (CW)
First to contact the most unique active YOTA stations in CW mode within the award program
- Most stations contacted (SSB)
First to contact the most unique active YOTA stations in SSB mode within the award program
- Most stations contacted (DIGITAL)
First to contact the most unique active YOTA stations in DIGITAL modes within the award program
- Most stations contacted
First to contact the most unique active YOTA stations overall within the award program
- Best overall score OM
Best overall achieved award score by an OM
- Best overall score YL
Best overall achieved award score by a YL
- Best overall score Youngster
Best overall achieved award score by a Youngster (< 26)
Only one plaque will be awarded per entry.
A station winning a plaque will not be considered for a sub-area award; the plaque will be awarded to the runner-up in that area.
If you are the station who contacted the most stations overall, you cannot be considered for most stations contacted (CW, SSB, DIGITAL) as well as best overall scores anymore.
This applies to all categories.
The DYM team will announce the winners based on the award calculation on the YOTA Social Media Channels as well as contact them via their email address (as on QRZ.com) after January 20th 2023.
If there is no response by the winning ham within 7 days after the announcement, we will shift the plaque to the runner-up in that area due to missing shipping details.
In total there are 4 awards to achieve:
- Bronze (15 points)
- Silver (35 points)
- Gold (65 points)
- Platinum (105 points)